The Department of Molecular and Developmental Medicine was created in 2012 and is composed of professors and technicians formerly part of the following five Departments:
- Dipartimento di Fisiopatologia, Medicina Sperimentale e Sanità Pubblica
- Dipartimento di Neuroscienze
- Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche
- Dipartimento di Fisiologia
- Dipartimento di Pediatria, Ostetricia e Medicina della Riproduzione
The Department includes multidisciplinary teaching and research activities.
- The research project aims to favor interactions between basic, pre-clinic and clinic research.
- The teaching project includes the following degree courses, which are managed directly by the Department:
- Midwifery (L/SNT-1),
- Heath Care (L/SNT-4),
- Prevention in the environment and the workplace (L/SNT-4),
- Biotechnologies (L-02)
or the following ones, which are managed in collaboration with other Departments:
- Long single cycle degree in Medicine and surgery (LM-41),
- Nursing (L/SNT-1),
- Biomedical laboratory techniques (L/SNT-3)
- Second cycle degree for health professions in Nursing and midwifery (LM/SNT-1).
Moreover, the Department manages the PhD course in Molecular Medicine.
The Department includes researchers of the following disciplinary areas: BIO/09 Physiology, BIO/13 Applied Biology, BIO/14 Pharmacology, BIO/16 Human Anatomy, BIO/17 Histology, BIO/18 Genetics MED/04 General Pathology, MED/25 Psychiatry, MED/38 Pediatrics, MED/40 Obstetrics and Gynecology, MED/42 Hygiene, MED/46 Laboratory Techniques.